- Economic package for riot-hit Muslims on the line of one given to victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots
- Reservation of jobs for Muslims in central and state governments.
- Immediate release of Muslims detained under Prevention of Terrorism Act in Gujarat and Maharashtra.
- Immediate halt to alleged atrocities on Muslims in Assam on the plea of checking foreign nationals,
- Restoration of the minority status for Aligarh Muslim University.
- Unconditional talks with "popular and responsible" leaders of Kashmir.
- Evacuation of illegal occupants from Waqf properties.
I couldn’t resist it. I asked him his Islamic view on the raising the height of the Narmada Dam. He later went out and fought with the journalist. Amazing chap.
Anyway, I preached the CII representatives on affirmative action. We will soon see data on caste, religion and even color in their annual report. Positive discrimination is called affirmative action.