If you are familiar with the world of CBD, you have probably seen or heard the word “terpenes” being tossed around before. A surprisingly few people actually know what terpenes are, but they play an important role in CBD usage. The more you understand about them, the more you will be able to benefit. This article will go in depth to give you complete insight into this mystery buzzword.
What are Terpenes?
Terpenes are classified as organic compounds that are produced by many different plants, including hemp. They can significantly enhance the healing benefits and effects of CBD. Broad spectrum CBD contains lots of different terpenes and other things that are good for your overall health. These compounds can do everything from help to reduce inflammation to elevating your mood in a very noticeable way. This is why they are often found in CBD products.
The Most Important Terpenes
There are lots of different terpenes, but you only really need to know about a select few. The following terpenes are commonly found in a variety of CBD products. They include:
- Myrcene: Found in many strains of the cannabis plant, this terpene has a relaxing effect on the body and mind when it gets into the bloodstream.
- Limonene: This terpene has been used for its powerful anti-fungal properties for a long time in eastern medicine. It can also help with treating mild bacterial infections and serve as a non-abrasive home cleaner.
- Caryophyllene: Known for its ability to help with depression due to its mood elevating properties. It can also reduce inflammation quickly and effectively. It is found in at least three different strains of the cannabis plant.
- Humulene: This one can help with improving a person’s appetite, which can be very beneficial to people undergoing chemotherapy treatment. It is known for its ability to reduce nausea as well.
- Myrcene: The powerful analgesic properties of this terpene make it ideal for those with chronic pain issues. It can be of particular use to those who have problems with arthritis, severe pack pain and even fibromyalgia.
Does CBD Always Contain Terpenes?
It is important to keep in mind that not all CBD products contain terpenes. In fact, broad spectrum CBD is really the only kind that has it. Some full spectrum products also include certain terpenes, but not always. The “entourage effect” that is achieved when combining terpenes with CBD can seriously enhance the effects and benefits. This is why it is such a good idea to consider purchasing Cannabidiol that also offers these organic compounds.
Benefits of Terpenes
There are plenty of medicinal benefits that are closely associated with terpenes, especially when they are combined with CBD.
Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced inflammation: Numerous terpenes can help with reducing inflammation in the body, which can also reduce pain levels. If you have issues with joint pain due to arthritis, this is worth thinking about.
- Aromatherapy: The pleasant aroma of certain terpenes can serve to relax your mind and body, allowing you to cope with everyday stress in a much healthier way.
- Antifungal: Some terpenes have strong antifungal properties that can be used to effectively treat mild to severe fungal infections. They can serve as a very effective alternative to over-the-counter antifungal medications.
- Mood elevation: A lot of terpenes also improve a person’s mood, which can be useful in the case of those with depression and anxiety disorders. A marked improvement in one’s mood can do a lot of good for their mental and physical health.
- Natural: Terpenes are completely natural, so they very rarely cause any negative side-effects like OTC or prescription medications. This is partially why they have become so widely used in places all over the world.
Custom Terpene Profiles
There are certain companies that create custom terpene profiles to match the specific needs of their customers. This is definitely something that you should look into, especially if you have any serious conditions you need relief from. The right custom terpene profile could help you heal more effectively. You can also get CBD products with these custom profiles if you are willing to spend quite a bit of money.
The fact is that terpenes are very important when it comes to natural healing, and they can benefit a lot of different people. They also play a crucial role in CBD products, though they are found in certain ones. If you want to get the most out of your CBD, you will need to keep this in mind. Cannabidiol combined with specific terpenes can provide you with a wide range of benefits that could change your life for the better. Countless people have benefited from these organic compounds because of how potent and versatile they are.